Meghalaya power minister James Sangma on Wednesday informed the House that the power department is taking steps to provide power connection to Umiam-Block 5 located in the Ri-Bhoi district.
Sangma was responding to a question raised by the Umroi MLA George Lyngdoh.
The power minister informed that 16,369 residents in Ri-Bhoi district have been provided with a power connection.
Lyngdoh said the minister’s reply does not pertain to the question.
“Question is particularly for Umiam Block 5, which has not been given power connection for many years. But then the reply of the power Minister is for Ri-Bhoi District Saubhagya,” stated Lyngdoh.
Sangma responded that Umiam Block 5 is an area under encroachment and of the 83 households, 25 households have been provided with temporary power connection.
Further, the Umroi MLA urged the power minister to review the entire situation since there are two cases about Block 5.
Lyngdoh added that a lease agreement is being processed for households that settled there due to natural calamities back in the 1960s.
“We are taking steps to provide additional (electricity) poles. There are also certain distribution transformers required to install. For these, we have prepared an estimate which is coming to a tune of Rs 8,37,637 and it will be implemented soon and I can assure that to the minister,” mentioned Sangma.
- Elon Musk says Inspiration4 astronauts had toilet trouble in space
- Guwahati: Save Bharalu Mission Group launches campaign to revive the river
- Assam: OTT firm Reeldrama files FIR against piracy of content
- WHO reports global decline in new COVID-19 cases
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Nagaland Lottery September 22: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result