Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 74,586 on Wednesday as 354 more people tested positive for the infection, while seven fresh fatalities pushed the northeastern state’s coronavirus death toll to 1,292, a senior health official said.
East Khasi Hills district, under which Shillong falls, registered the highest number of new cases at 241, followed by Ri-Bhoi (45) and West Khasi Hills (27), Health Services Director Dr Aman War said.
Two fresh fatalities each were reported in East Khasi Hills, Ri-Bhoi and West Jaintia Hills, and one death was recorded in South West Khasi Hills, he said.
The state now has 2,815 active cases, while 70,479 more people have been cured of the disease, including 352 on Tuesday.
- Lawyers abstain from work a day after shootout at Rohini court
- Kerala to open digital de-addiction centres for children addicted to online games
- APDCL cash-for-job scam: OSD among 11 people arrested
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25
- UPSC 2020: Two from Sikkim clear exam, make state proud