Shillong: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday inaugurated a facilitation centre at a railway station in North Garo Hills district to keep track of people entering the state.
The facility was set up at Mendipathar Railway Station.
“The facilitation centre will keep a record of visitors arriving at the station and entering the state,” the CM said after inaugurating the facility.
It will enable the district administration to effectively monitor the flow of visitors from neighbouring Assam and outside the region.
He also said the state government is setting up an Rs100-crore food park in Mendipathar which has emerged as a preferred destination for investors as it has requisite infrastructure and rail connectivity.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation