Days after the encounter of former HNLC militatnt Cherishterfield Thangkhiew, Meghalaya Home Minister Lakhmen Rymbui has offered his resignation to Chief Minister Conrad Sangma.
“With reference to the subject mentioned above, I hereby express shocked to the incident where (L) Chesterfield Thangkhiew was killed following the raid of police at his residence exceeding the lawful tenets of the law. Considering the gravity of the situation, I would to request you to relieve the Home (Police) Department from me with immediate effect. This will facilitate free and fair enquiry taken by the government to bring out the truth of the incident. I propose judicial enquiry be conducted,” Rymbui said in a letter.
At the time of filing this report, it was not clear if Meghalaya CM had accepted Rymbui’s resignation. The story will be updated accordingly.
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood
- Assam’s star athlete Amlan Borgohain’s targets CWG, Asian Games next
- NNPGs ‘disturbed’ after Indian intel claims arms procured from Myanmar
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Tripura sounds African swine flu alert; Kanchanpur farm is epicenter
- Associated Press interview: UN chief warns China, US to avoid Cold War