Days after the encounter of former HNLC militatnt Cherishterfield Thangkhiew, Meghalaya Home Minister Lakhmen Rymbui has offered his resignation to Chief Minister Conrad Sangma.
“With reference to the subject mentioned above, I hereby express shocked to the incident where (L) Chesterfield Thangkhiew was killed following the raid of police at his residence exceeding the lawful tenets of the law. Considering the gravity of the situation, I would to request you to relieve the Home (Police) Department from me with immediate effect. This will facilitate free and fair enquiry taken by the government to bring out the truth of the incident. I propose judicial enquiry be conducted,” Rymbui said in a letter.
At the time of filing this report, it was not clear if Meghalaya CM had accepted Rymbui’s resignation. The story will be updated accordingly.
- Arunachal: 2 more govt officials held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- Kolkata International Book Fair from Jan 30
- Paleo diet: new evidence changes what we thought about how ancient humans prepared food
- India’s G-20 Presidency will be consultative, collaborative: Jaishankar
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Dec 2
- Pakistan to review strategy after TTP militants calls off truce