Shillong: A day after the IED explosion at Laitumkhrah market in Shillong, the Meghalaya police arrested one person allegedly involved in the case.
The explosion took place on Tuesday afternoon. Banned militant group Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) claimed responsibility of the IED explosion.
The blast left two people injured.
According to East Khasi Hills District Superintendent of Police Sylvester Nongtnger, the person allegedly involved in the case has been arrested by police officials of East Khasi Hills District.
“It is further informed that the criminal case which was registered in Laitumkhrah Police Station has now been transferred to Crime Branch Police Station, East Khasi Hills, Shillong (CBPS) and the investigation of the case is in progress,” informed Nongtnger through a press statement late Wednesday evening.
Earlier on Wednesday, home minister Lahkmen Rymbui also admitted that there was a lapse in security. He however denied any intelligence failure.
- Meghalaya to be fully connected by optical fibre network, says CM
- NFR assures completion of Dhansiri-Zubza rail line by 2024
- NE is future of sports in India: Arunachal CM Pema Khandu
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship