Shillong: A day after the IED explosion at Laitumkhrah market in Shillong, the Meghalaya police arrested one person allegedly involved in the case.
The explosion took place on Tuesday afternoon. Banned militant group Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) claimed responsibility of the IED explosion.
The blast left two people injured.
According to East Khasi Hills District Superintendent of Police Sylvester Nongtnger, the person allegedly involved in the case has been arrested by police officials of East Khasi Hills District.
“It is further informed that the criminal case which was registered in Laitumkhrah Police Station has now been transferred to Crime Branch Police Station, East Khasi Hills, Shillong (CBPS) and the investigation of the case is in progress,” informed Nongtnger through a press statement late Wednesday evening.
Earlier on Wednesday, home minister Lahkmen Rymbui also admitted that there was a lapse in security. He however denied any intelligence failure.
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital
- Rajasthan teacher held for raping 11-yr-old after girl dials child helpline for assistance
- Fuel price hike in Meghalaya: Local cabbies, residents face challenges
- Chhattisgarh: One killed, 16 injured as SUV runs over people during Durga idol procession
- JEE-Advanced 2021: Mridul Agarwal from Delhi zone bags top rank; Kavya Chopra tops among females