The death toll rose to 1,125 as seven more people succumbed to the infection during the day, Health Services Director Aman Warr said.
Four fresh fatalities were reported from East Khasi Hills district, and one each from East Jaintia Hills, South West Garo Hills and South West Khasi Hills.
Meghalaya now has 5,516 active cases, and 572 people were cured of the disease during the day, taking the total number of recoveries in the state to 60,375, Warr said.
The state has so far conducted over 8.59 lakh sample tests for COVID-19.
Altogether, 11.12 lakh people were inoculated till Tuesday with 2,07,135 of them having received both doses of the vaccine, Warr said.
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’