Shillong: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Tuesday confirmed speculations around a Cabinet reshuffle to add BJP ministers over an earlier agreement of sharing ministership.
Sanbor Shullai is likely to replace Health Minister AL Hek. Sangma explained that they have been maintaining that there was a change in ministers because there was an agreement among the MLAs that they would share two-and-a-half years and it was with the knowledge of the state President.
“I maintained even that time that party will have to take a call on this and accordingly the HSPDP and NPP also communicated to me saying that yes agreement should be honoured,” stated Sangma.
He added that BJP also had a discussion on this but no clear information came to the chief minister on this regard.
“Just recently,I got a letter from the BJP president Ernest Mawrie mentioning about that particular meeting and agreement should be honoured and therefore based on that he has recommended that Sanbor Shullai should be taken into the Cabinet. And it is based on the letter of the President this is being done,” informed Sangma.
Shullai will be sworn in today at 4 pm at Raj Bhavan.
According to a letter from Deputy Secretary to the Governor of Meghalaya the swearing-in ceremony of new Member of the Council of Ministers of Meghalaya has been fixed on 27th July, 2021 at 1600 Hours at the Raj Bhavan, Durbar Hall.
So far there has been no comments from any of the Cabinet Minister’s. Neither Hek nor Shullai has answered the phone.
- Limits on airfares to remain for 15 days at any given time: Aviation Ministry
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in