Shillong: In a major breakthrough, Meghalaya’s East Jaintia Hills District Police arrested four Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) overground workers allegedly involved in the IED explosion in Khliehriat.
According to Asstt. Inspector-General of Police GK Iangrai, the IED explosion that occurred on July 14 at one of the Police Reserve resulted in minor damage to a police building and injured one police personnel.
“According to the statement of the accused persons, all of them boarded a vehicle and thereafter, went to Police Reserve to place the IED. On the intervening night of 13th and 14th July, they triggered the explosion which resulted in minor damage of a police building and injuring 1 (one) police personnel,” informed Iangrai.
He also informed that in another breakthrough, the investigation of the aforementioned case also led to the arrest of two activists of HNLC who were involved in the unfurling of the HNLC flag in 2019 and in attempting to cause an IED explosion at a Coke factory in Khliehriat.
The investigation of the case is still in progress. The investigation team is on the lookout for other activists of the proscribed organisation who are involved in the case.
The outlawed HNLC had recently mentioned that the blast was an act of revenge for killing and torturing their members in the past by the police.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated