Shillong: A memorial mass and candlelight prayers were held at Cathedral Calvary in Laitumkhrah town in the East Khasi Hills District in memory of renowned Tribal rights activist and Jesuit father Stan Swamy.
Leaders of the Hynniewtrep Youth Council, the Khasi Students’ Union, the Thma U Rangli-Juki attended mass to pay tributes to the late activist.
Priest Stan Swamy, an accused in the Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case, breathed his last in Mumbai’s Holy Family Hospital on July 5.
The tribal rights activist was admitted to the private hospital on May 29 from the Taloja prison following the HC’s order on a petition filed by him, seeking medical attention as he was then suffering from COVID-19 and Parkinson’s disease.
- Five held in Guwahati businessman murder case
- Shah, Mamata to arrive in poll-bound Tripura on Monday
- ISRO-NASA built satellite ready to be shipped to India for launch
- The consequences of childhood trauma on children’s mental health
- Buzzing discovery in Arunachal: New bee species named after Tawang
- Sports finally being viewed from athletes’ perspective in country: PM Modi