Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 51,901 on Monday as 377 more people tested positive for the infection, while nine fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 871, a senior health official said.
Ri-Bhoi district registered the highest number of new cases at 134, followed by East Khasi Hills (128) and West Khasi Hills (37), Health Services Director Aman War said.
Four fresh fatalities were reported in East Khasi Hills, two in West Jaintia Hills, and one each in South West Khasi Hills, South West Garo Hills and West Garo Hills districts.
The state now has 4,354 active cases, while 46,676 more people have recovered from the disease thus far, including 448 in the last 24 hours.
Meghalaya has tested over 7.01 lakh samples for COVID-19 so far, while over 7.34 lakh people have been inoculated, War added.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900