Shillong: Union Home Minister Amit Shah could visit Shillong city this month. According to reliable sources, Shah is tentatively scheduled to visit Shillong on July 17. The source mentioned that Shah will be inaugurating one of the oxygen plants in the city.
He will also be meeting with the government to discuss several issues, Assam-Meghalaya boundary issue may be one of the prominent discussions.
Shah had last visited Shillong on January 23, 2021, to inaugurate the 69th plenary of the North Eastern Council (NEC).
Since the news of Shah’s second visit, pressure groups in Meghalaya are hopeful that they would be able to push for the implementation of Inner Line Permit (ILP) in the state.
Chief minister Conrad K Sangma informed that the official communication about the Union Home Minister’s visit has not been received as yet, and things are unclear at the moment.
Sangma mentioned that if Shah visits, then several discussions on issues about the Northeast will take place, which will revolve around development, law and order situation, international boundary issues and insurgency among others.
- Navratri 2022: Greetings and wishes to share with friends and family
- National Dumpling Day: 5 types of dumplings you should definitely try
- Pakistan’s former fin min Dar to return, take charge next week
- World seeing India as inspirational place in space sector: ISRO chief
- Nature, life’s race among myriad Durga puja themes set to captivate minds
- Defence exports grew by 334 pc in last five years: Centre