Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 51,035 as 460 more people tested positive for the virus while six new fatalities pushed the death toll to 855 on Saturday, a senior health department official said.
Health Services Director Aman War said four deaths were reported from East Khasi Hills district and one each from East Jaintia Hills and West Jaintia Hills district.
War said 522 more people recuperated from the disease, taking the total number of COVID-19 recoveries to 45,596.
Meghalaya currently has 4,584 active COVID-19 cases, he said. The state has so far tested over 7.01 lakh samples for COVID-19.
A total of 7.23 lakh people have been inoculated in the state of which 82,627 people have received both doses of COVID-19 vaccine, War said.
- Windies, Bangladesh face must-win situation against each other in T20 WC
- United States issues its 1st passport with ‘X’ gender marker
- T20: It depends on how Afghanistan batters handle potent Pakistan attack
- Single-day COVID-19 recoveries surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- State Bank of Sikkim: Chamling alleges massive corruption, CM counters
- Your unvaccinated friend is roughly 20 times more likely to give you COVID