Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 49,513 on Wednesday as 352 more people tested positive for the infection, while seven fresh fatalities pushed the northeastern states coronavirus death toll to 838, a health official said.
The state now has 4,216 active COVID-19 cases, while 44,459 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 392 in the last 24 hours, Health Services director Aman War said.
Meghalaya has so far tested over 6.9 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
Till Tuesday, the government vaccinated 6.9 lakh people, of whom over 78,500 have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, he said.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group