Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 49,513 on Wednesday as 352 more people tested positive for the infection, while seven fresh fatalities pushed the northeastern states coronavirus death toll to 838, a health official said.
The state now has 4,216 active COVID-19 cases, while 44,459 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 392 in the last 24 hours, Health Services director Aman War said.
Meghalaya has so far tested over 6.9 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
Till Tuesday, the government vaccinated 6.9 lakh people, of whom over 78,500 have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, he said.
- 3 killed, 20 injured in blast at Lahore’s Anarkali market
- Arunachal boy abducted by China’s PLA from Indian territory: Sources
- Man booked for duping 10 men by promising BCCI jobs
- 2nd ODI vs SA: Rahul’s India aims at improved batting show with series on line
- Toyota Hilux launches in India: Bookings start at just Rs 50,000
- India successfully test-fires Brahmos missile