Shillong: Meghalaya on Friday recorded nine fresh COVID-19 fatalities and 650 new cases pushing the death toll to 771 and the tally to 44,382, a senior health department official said.
Of the nine deaths, three were reported from East Khasi Hills district and one each from East Jaintia Hills, Ri Bhoi, South West Garo Hills, West Jaintia Hills, West Garo Hills and West Khasi Hills district respectively, Health Services, Director, Aman War said.
The state now has 4,819 active COVID-19 cases, while 38,792 people have recovered from the disease, including 431 on Friday, War said. Meghalaya has so far tested over 6.38 lakh samples for COVID-19, he said.
A total of 5.62 lakh people have been inoculated in the state of which over 75,000 people have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine till Thursday, he added.
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result