With the state recording nine more fatalities due to the viral disease, the death toll has risen to 678, they said.
The number of active cases in the state now stands at 4,924, the health officials said.
Health Services director Aman War said, 773 persons recovered from the infection during the day. The total number of recoveries is 33,933.
Among the nine fatalities, six were reported from East Khasi Hills district, two from West Khasi Hills district, and one from West Jaintia Hills district.
The new infections were reported from East Khasi Hills district (149), West Garo Hills (52), and West Jaintia Hills (40).
The state has conducted over 6 lakh tests for COVID-19 till Tuesday, he said.
As of Monday, a total of 4.59 lakh people have been inoculated in the state with over 83,000 of them receiving both doses of the Covishield vaccine, War said.
- Mizo National Front slams Centre’s move to implement UCC
- A story of two mothers from a human-elephant conflict zone in Assam
- Meghalaya 2023: Lyngdoh sisters from Shillong file nominations
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties