The victim, in her FIR statement, mentioned that Sangma raped her on different occasions. She said that either it would be at her residence or the Magnum Hotel in Shillong.
“He has been raping me on the pretext of getting married from January 2020 till 17 April 2021,” mentioned the victim in her statement. She added that he raped her for the first time at Hotel Magnum. He had invited her and her friend, and he had offered them alcohol. “My friend and I drank the wine, and we spent some time in the hotel. After consuming the wine, I felt sleepy and became unconscious,” mentioned the victim.
She added that Sangma took advantage of her situation. She said that she was unable to file an FIR that day as she was threatened, and Sangma promised to marry her.
The victim said that Sangma thereon promised that he would divorce his wife and marry her. “Therefore, with a genuine trust, I agreed to have an affair with him, but I never knew that he was blabbing only to satisfy his lustful desire and to have sex with me on the pretext of getting married,” mentioned the victim in her statement.
She has also alleged that she got pregnant, and Sangma asked her to abort the baby. She added that Sangma had been staying with her till April 17 but left her on that day.
The victim alleges that Sangma has tarnished her image and has sexually abused and raped her and that she was willing to provide all evidence.
EastMojo tried to contact Sangma but did not receive any response.
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata
- Assam: 4 years on, little hope for this Cachar road lost to erosion
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP fields ex-militant Bernard Marak against CM
- G-20 summit a golden opportunity to highlight Assam’s culture: Sonowal
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions