Shillong: Twenty-five more people succumbed to COVID-19 in Meghalaya on Monday, taking the death toll to 483, while 811 new cases pushed the tally to 30,492, a senior health department official said here.
The state currently has 7,788 active coronavirus cases, health services director Aman Warr said.
During the same period, 679 persons also recovered from the infection, the highest single day recovery recorded so far, increasing the total number of cured people to 22,221, the senior health official said.
Altogether 5.98 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 in the state to date, he said.
Over 4.35 lakh people have been inoculated in the state so far and 83,000 have received both doses of the vaccine, Warr said.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31