Ten more fatalities raised the toll to 389, Health Services Director Aman War said.
Accordingly, the number of active cases climbed to 6477, War stated.
Six deaths were reported from East Khasi Hills district – of which state capital Shillong is a part — one each from West Garo Hills, South West Garo Hills, North Garo Hills and South Garo Hills.
Of the 1,183 new cases, 656 were recorded in East Khasi Hills district, where lockdown was imposed on Wednesday night for 12 days, War said.
At least 464 more people recuperated from the infection, increasing the total number of recoveries to 20,061, the senior official said.
As many as 5.19 lakh tests have been conducted in the state so far.
Altogether 4.33 lakh people have been inoculated in Meghalata, of which 83000 have received both the doses of COVID-19 vaccine, War added.
- Asia Cup likely to be moved out of Pakistan, venue to be finalised in March
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli