Shillong: Meghalaya recorded 872 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, pushing the tally to 25,744, a senior official said.
Twenty-four more fatalities raised the death toll to 379, health services director Aman War said.
As many as 411 persons have recuperated from the infection since Tuesday, increasing the total number of recoveries to 19,596, the senior official said.
Meghalaya currently has 5,769 active cases.
Altogether 5.98 lakh tests have been conducted in the state so far, he said.
According to War, a total of 4.15 lakh people have been inoculated in the state, of which over 78,000 have received both doses of Covishield vaccine.
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves
- ‘Kanyadaan’ an outdated ritual or important custom? Alia Bhatt’s ad sparks debate
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu