The death toll rose to 320 as 19 more people succumbed to the disease, Health Services Director Aman War said.
Of the fresh fatalities, 16 were reported from East Khasi Hills district and one each from West Khasi Hills, South-West Khasi Hills and West Garo Hills.
The state now has 4,534 active cases.
At least 354 people were cured of the disease during the day, taking the total number of recoveries in the northeastern state to 18,478, he said.
The state has so far conducted over 5.98 lakh sample tests for COVID-19.
Altogether, four lakh people have been inoculated in the state, with over 78,000 of them having received both doses of the ‘Covishield’ vaccine, War said.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA