Meghalaya: An oxygen generation plant of 270 Litres Per Minute (LPM) capacity will be ready for commissioning in the next 24 hours at the Shillong Civil Hospital in East Khasi Hills, informed Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma.
Around 98 per cent of work, including installation, has been completed, and in the next 24 hours, the plant will be commissioned and will be able to support 25 beds with high flow oxygen, he added.
On Sunday afternoon, Sangma inspected the ongoing installation at the hospital. He also held a review meeting at the hospital and thanked the doctors, nurses, and staff members of the hospital for their dedicated and concerted service to the citizens of the state.
CM Sangma informed that all efforts are being made by the government to ensure management and control measures are being taken by the district administration amid the current COVID-19 scenario.
At present, there are a total of 4,534 active cases in the state. The cases show an upward trend and the government has imposed lockdown in East Khasi Hills and strict containment measures in other parts of the State.
Regarding COVID-19 treatment facilities, the chief minister said that across the state, the districts have their dedicated COVID-19 management systems to fight the pandemic.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19