In a tragic loss for the music community, Abhishek, the percussionist at Shillong Chamber Choir, passed away on Saturday.
The cause of death was not clear at the time of filing this report.
Shillong Chamber Choir, who have earned worldwide fame due to their performances, took to Facebook to share the news.
“It’s with deepest sorrow that we bring you this most saddening news. Abhishek (far right), our percussionist, our friend, our faithful band-mate of over 10 years has left us this day. The Shillong Chamber Choir has lost one of our own. He leaves behind his wife and two sons (8 and 2 years old). We attach these particular pictures because as a wiz on the tabla, the SCC had the joy of making a dream come true for Abhishek, and that was to meet his childhood hero Ustad Zakir Hussain some few years ago. We’ve travelled the world together, we’ve been through the many seasons of life together and that stage will not be the same again without your boyish warmth that brought life to our songs and smiles to our audiences. We’ll miss you Abhishek and you’ll never be forgotten. Do remember and support the family, especially in your prayers. God bless all who read this. Stay safe. Please,” the group said on Facebook.
- Mizoram U-19 head coach Murtaza Lodhgar dies of heart attack in Vizag
- BCCI may approach Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman for head coach post
- Over 7 lakh people vaccinated in Assam on PM’s birthday
- 37 new cases push Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally to 30,839
- Assam CM dedicates 14 oxygen generators to people
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 30,780