The Meghalaya lockdown, which was supposed to end at 5 am on May 17 has been extended for another week till May 24.
Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong informed that the Meghalaya lockdown was extended following a review meeting where the increasing cases of COVID-19 in the state were discussed in detail and a few important decisions were taken.
Reportedly, the government was left with no other option after the sudden rise in COVID-19 cases, and hence, had to extend the lockdown.
The state recorded 591 fresh cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, while 228 patients recovered from the deadly virus. The state also reported 18 COVID-19 deaths with 16 from East Khasi Hills district and 1 each from East and West Jaintia Hills districts.
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials
- Ruling party gets 324 of 450 seats in Russian parliament