Shillong: The Meghalaya government will install six units of oxygen generator at the Shillong Civil Hospital.
Taking stock of the availability of oxygen in the state, the government has informed the public to avoid panic since the component is currently manageable.
Briefing the media, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said that the 6 oxygen generator units will be installed in Shillong Civil Hospital and made functional latest by next week.
Tynsong added that the new generators would reduce the need for cylinders, and the surplus will instead be distributed across the state.
The Centre had decided to set up 13 oxygen generation plants in five north-eastern states to boost the availability of the life-saving gas amid its shortage in several states.
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study
- Northeast got ‘step-motherly treatment’ under Congress: Sonowal