Shillong: The Meghalaya government will install six units of oxygen generator at the Shillong Civil Hospital.
Taking stock of the availability of oxygen in the state, the government has informed the public to avoid panic since the component is currently manageable.
Briefing the media, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said that the 6 oxygen generator units will be installed in Shillong Civil Hospital and made functional latest by next week.
Tynsong added that the new generators would reduce the need for cylinders, and the surplus will instead be distributed across the state.
The Centre had decided to set up 13 oxygen generation plants in five north-eastern states to boost the availability of the life-saving gas amid its shortage in several states.
- Mizoram horror: Woman, grandson, 7, found murdered at Mamit home
- Shillong: Lt Gen K C Panchanathan, GOC of 101 Area, dies of heart attack
- India may get heat waves beyond human survival limit: WB report
- Pending cases may touch 5 crore mark in two months: Rijiju
- Ingenious Assam fest seeks to blend tea industry with folk culture
- FIFA World Cup 2022 quarterfinals: Fixtures and schedule