Shillong: In an endeavour to help students affected by COVID-19 pursue higher education, Mahatma Gandhi University in Meghalaya has decided to give free education to students whose parents have died due to coronavirus.
According to a release, Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University Rajan Chopra said that due to Coronavirus, many students have lost their parents, due to which they are facing difficulties in further studies. On the basis of humanity, the University administration has decided to provide free education to all such students.
Chopra said, “Needy students can enroll in courses like BA, MA, B. Pharm, D Pharm, Law, MLT, DMLT, BPT, MPT etc of the University and continue further studies for free.”
He added that the university administration would provide free education as well as books for free. Needy students can contact the University Administration on the numbers given below and email.
+91 70850 59358
+91 70850 59839
The vice-chancellor informed that Excel Book Publication House has decided to give books on management, IT and technical courses to needy students for free.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing