Of the 11 deaths reported on Saturday, seven were from East Khasi Hills district, three from West Jaintia Hills and one from Ri-Bhoi district, the official said.
The COVID-19 caseload in the state rose to 19,302 as 375 more people tested positive for the infection on Saturday, Health Services Director, Aman War said.
The state now has 2,678 active COVID-19 cases, while 16,414 patients have recovered from the disease, he said.
Meghalaya has so far tested 4.59 lakh samples for COVID-19, he said.
A total of 2.75 lakh people have been inoculated in the state so far of which 67,904 people have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, War said.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA