Shillong: Private carrier IndiGo has extended the suspension of its flight operations from the airport here till May 15, an official said on Friday.
The airline had earlier announced that it would suspend its operations from Shillong for eight days starting from April 23, he said.
“It is hereby informed that M/s Indigo Airlines has extended suspension of their #Shillong operations up to 15th May 2021,” the airport authority here said on Twitter.
The reason for the extension of the suspension of operations by the airline was not cited but sources in the Shillong Airport authority said the decision was taken in view of the COVID-19 situation.
IndiGo officials could not be reached for comment on the suspension.
The authority urged passengers to contact the airline for any query on the rescheduling of flights or refund for tickets.
IndiGo operates its flights from Shillong to Kolkata, Silchar and Agartala.
The budget carrier had resumed its operations on these routes in February this year after remaining closed for almost 10 months due to COVID-19, the official added.
- Manipur gets first-of-its-kind gas insulated substation
- Modi launches 35 crop varieties to address climate change, malnutrition
- Bhabanipur by-poll will take place as scheduled: Calcutta HC
- Nagaland Lottery September 28: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Single-day recoveries surpass fresh COVID cases in Arunachal
- Japan’s next PM must work quickly on virus, economy, China