Shillong: The COVID-19 caseload of Meghalaya on Thursday mounted to 16,617 after 187 more people tested positive for the virus, a senior health official said.
During the past 24 hours, two patients have succumbed to the infection, raising the COVID-19 death toll in the state to 169, Health Services Director Aman Warr said.
At present, Meghalaya has 1,531 active coronavirus cases, he said.
As many as 129 people have been cured of the disease since Wednesday, taking the total number of recoveries in the state to 14,917, the health official said.
Over 4.50 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 in the state so far, he said.
Till Wednesday, a total of 2.57 lakh people have been inoculated in Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital
- Rajasthan teacher held for raping 11-yr-old after girl dials child helpline for assistance
- Fuel price hike in Meghalaya: Local cabbies, residents face challenges
- Chhattisgarh: One killed, 16 injured as SUV runs over people during Durga idol procession
- JEE-Advanced 2021: Mridul Agarwal from Delhi zone bags top rank; Kavya Chopra tops among females