Shillong: Meghalaya government has given strict instructions that citizens should not panic and resort to panic buying.
Even as the government announced containment measures effective between May 1 and May 10 in Shillong, Jowai and Tura, they made it clear that essential shops will continue to open.
What is allowed during the period:
– Essential shops, subject to regulations, on days and timing. The respective deputy commissioners will be in charge
– All construction activities, including shops dealing in hardware, electrical, Mobile repair shops, automobile shops, subject to regulation.
– Banks and banking services, post and telegraph, telecommunication services
– Essential govt offices as per regulations made by the personnel department
What will be allowed after producing proof:
• People moving for availing healthcare services including emergency and vaccination
• Agriculture and veterinary services
•Transportation of essential items
•Students, teachers and staff related to the conduct of examination
• Goods vehicle include E-commerce, services supply pharmaceutical, home delivery services
•Press print and electronic
• Persons engaged in construction
•Persons travelling on essential govt duty like the medical team, officials on COVID-19 duty, police, security, armed forces, civil defence, home guard, fire, emergency, NEEPCO, MeECL, Power Grid, FCI, Information & Public Relations Department, bank, post telegraph and telecommunication services
What will not be allowed
- Non-essential government institutions will be shut and can work from home
- All political, public and religious gathering will be banned. This will not include weddings and funerals, subject to prior permission from area DC
- All sporting activities will be banned
- All educational institutions will remain shut from May 1-10
- All non-essential vehicular movement will be stopped