The Congress party has won 12 seats in elections to the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC) in Meghalaya and NPP has won 11 seats, with neither party enjoying a clear majority.
Out of 29 seats, Congress managed to pull 12 seats with a win in Kharkutta, Rongrong, Kharkutta, Samandagre, Williamnagar, Boldamgre, Betasing, Amongpara, Dengnakpara, Shyamnagar, Batabari and Balachanda.
NPP won Bolsong, Darugre, Nogorpara, Siju, Gasuapara, Silkigre, Babelapara, Naguapara, Raksamgre, Jengjal and Asanang.
BJP won the prestigious seats in Tura and Barengapara. GNC won Rongrikimgre in South Garo Hills. Three seats were won by independent candidates.
BJP’s Pramod Koch won the Barengapara seat and Bernard Marak has won Tura seat.
Independent candidate Arbinestone Marak on Rochonpara seat.
NPP’s Grahambell Sangma won Jengjal seat, Benedict Sangma won Raksamgre, Dhormonath Sangma won the Naguapara seat and Linekar K Sangma won the Nogorpara seat.
- Arunachal: Granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi visits Ziro
- Taylor Swift and the end of the Hollywood writers strike: A tale of two media narratives
- Former Congress MLA KT Rokhaw resigns, joins MNF ahead of elections
- Manipuri-English film promoting gender-neutral fashion to be screened in Mumbai
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team