Shillong: The personal assistant of senior BJP MLA Sanbor Shullai allegedly died by suicide here on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
The body of the 44-year-old woman was found hanging in the bathroom, East Khasi Hills district SP Sylvester Nongtnger told PTI.
Her family members said, she was under medication for mental illness, the SP said.
“All formalities are being followed and there is no foul play,” he said.
The MLA said, the victim had not attended office since December last year.
“She had informed us that she would soon be reporting for duty,” Sanbor said.
The woman had been working as the MLA’s PA for the past few years.
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination
- Assam: 68 inmates shifted to new transit camp in Goalpara
- Bhaichung Bhutia joins Bharat Jodo Yatra; bats for ILP in Sikkim