Shillong: The decades-old demand of the people of Shillong was finally fulfilled on Friday, after South Shillong BJP Legislator Sanbor Shullai inaugurated the Sanbor Shullai Road, connecting Laban with Lumparing, and cutting the otherwise travel time of 45 minutes to 5 minutes.
This project was a long-felt need of the people, and successive MLAs had tried to turn it into a reality. The residents of the locality were happy to see the road being inaugurated.
“I am happy that this has finally been done. I have heard about it since the time I was growing up,” said Aslam Rymbai, a resident of Lumparing.
He added that the travel time has reduced to a minimum which will also enable those who use the public mode of transport to pay less as hopefully, the cabbies will charge less now.
The inauguration programme also witnessed huge participation of local leaders and residents of both Laban and Lumparing.
Addressing the gathering, MLA Sanbor Shullai said that he had always felt the pulse of the people, and had always dream of completing the project.
Shullai added that the developmental work is endless and this was just one part of it as other areas like health will also be looked upon.
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland