The Confederation of Meghalaya Social Organisations (CoMSO) carried out a black flag march on Friday as a mark of protest against the indifferent attitude of the Central government for implementing the Inner Line Permit (ILP) in Meghalaya.
According to CoMSO secretary Roy Kupar Synrem, who is also the general secretary of Hynñiewtrep Youth Council (HYC) a part of CoMSO, the situation would have been different had COVID-19 not been there.
He added that on December 4, the organisation will hold a sit-in demonstration in Shillong and all parts of the district.
- Gauhati HC judge to head tribunal probing extremist groups in Manipur
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood