The Confederation of Meghalaya Social Organisations (CoMSO) carried out a black flag march on Friday as a mark of protest against the indifferent attitude of the Central government for implementing the Inner Line Permit (ILP) in Meghalaya.
According to CoMSO secretary Roy Kupar Synrem, who is also the general secretary of Hynñiewtrep Youth Council (HYC) a part of CoMSO, the situation would have been different had COVID-19 not been there.
He added that on December 4, the organisation will hold a sit-in demonstration in Shillong and all parts of the district.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel