Anybody who does not comply with the protocols issued by govt they will be put behind bars: Prestone Tynsong
Shillong: The Meghalaya government on Tuesday acknowledged that there had been a lapse and an investigation is being carried out by the Deputy Commissioners of Ri-Bhoi District and East Khasi Hills District. The probe after 41 people from Shillong crossed over to Greenwood Resort in Khanapara, Assam to attend a wedding.
The government launched a thorough contact tracing after an employee of the resort was found to be COVID-19 positive. Subsequently, two people who were part of the wedding party also tested positive this week.
The government is awaiting reports from the DCs of the two districts on how these people got the passes since the passes could be issued only for a precise number.
Deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong held a review meeting held on Tuesday to discuss the case.
“We have discussed this issue at length and have asked the DC to conduct an enquiry. We will get the reports by tomorrow from these two districts. Once we have the reports, we will be able to decide what action can be taken,” said Tynsong.
Acknowledging that there has been a lapse, Tynsong said, “We will ensure no lapses happen again the future. Anybody who does not comply with the protocols issued by the government will be put behind bars.”
The government put out a public notice for anyone who was in contact with people from the wedding party to contact 108 for testing.