Bindya remembers the night of May 28 clearly. The clock had struck 2:30 a.m. Bindya and her family were watching in horror as miscreants went on a rampage, burning homes in her neighbouring locality. Bindya, 20, and her family had no option but to run for safety.
Bindya, expecting her first child, has not returned to Sugnu Mayai Leikai in Kakching district. She does not know whether her home is still intact or went down to ashes: just like many other families.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister