Kangpokpi: Students of Damdei Christian College in Manipur’s Kangpokpi district continued to protest on the fifth day on Friday, demanding justice for Seigunlal Misao who was shot dead by unidentified gunmen, including a woman, on March 25.
A 17-year-old Misao was shot dead at around 8:30 pm near his residence at Sharon Veng, Motbung model village. Later, a rebel group, National Revolutionary Front, Manipur (NRFM), claimed responsibility for killing Misao and labelled him as a drug peddler.
Hundreds of students, including the deceased youth’s classmates, gathered at the Charhajare area at Motbung and chanted slogans like ‘Justice for Seigunlal Misao’, ‘No justice no peace’ and ‘justice delayed is justice denied’.
Protestors have also alleged the police’s inaction over the killing of the teenage student.
Speaking to the media, one of Misao’s former classmates K Sennu Lhouvum said that he was a kind-hearted person and there is no chance that he was involved in drug peddling.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Family members and several organisations condemned the NRFM’s allegations and demanded action against Misao’s killing. Meanwhile, all private schools in Kangpokpi district remained closed on Friday as a day of mourning for Misao.
Also Read | EM IMPACT: Manipur footballer Lemmet finally gets his passport
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD