Imphal: One cadre of the banned outfit the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) was arrested at Kumbi Thingel Leikai in Manipur’s Bishnupur district on Thursday, said an official.
As per the official statement, based on specific input about the presence of insurgents, troops of Assam Rifles along with Bishnupur commando police launched an operation and arrested the insurgent.
The arrested PLA cadre has been identified as Wahengbam Paikhomba. The apprehended cadre have been handed over to Kumbi Police Station for further investigation, it said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Also Read | Manipur: Indian Journalists’ Union president visits DIPR HQ in Imphal
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD