Imphal: Two persons were arrested with huge quantities of contraband items by security forces in Chandel district on Wednesday.
Based on specific information about the moving of contraband items, troops of Sajik Tampak Batallion of Assam Rifles launched a search in Tuingam Dung Nala near Lebanon village in the hill district.
Help sustain honest journalism.
During a search and frisking operation, two persons had 2.5 kg of heroin and 4 kg of opium. The seized items at said to be worth Rs 5,02,80,000 in the international market.
The two individuals were arrested and later handed over to Chakpikarong Police Station along with the seized items for further investigation.
Also Read | Elements from Myanmar involved in drug business in Manipur: CM
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days
- Sikkim: JAC declares rally on April 8, warns of indefinite protest