Imphal: A powerful explosion took place on Saturday near the venue of a fashion show event in Manipur‘s Imphal which actress Sunny Leone is scheduled to attend on Sunday, an official said.
However, no injuries were reported in the incident that took place in Hatta Kangjeibung area of Manipur’s capital.
The blast took place only 100 metres from the venue around 6.30 am on Saturday.
Help sustain honest journalism.
It is not yet clear whether the explosion was caused due to an Improvised Explosive Device or a grenade, he said.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the explosion so far.
Also read | Ultra-processed foods may contribute to cognitive decline
- Ruckus hit Tripura Assembly as Kokborok script stir war of words
- Sikkim reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Literary body apologises over its Assamese-Bengali ‘gamosa’
- Meghalaya wants private investors to run MCCL in PPP mode: Conrad K Sangma
- Manipur: Former minister RV Mingthing dies at 92
- China silent on reports of skipping G20 meet in Arunachal Pradesh