Guwahati: It is a moment of pride for Manipur as seven players from the state have been selected to the Indian squad for the women’s U-17 FIFA world cup.
The seven players who have made it to the Indian women’s world cup team include Monalisha Devi Moirangthem, Melody Chanu Keisham, Babina Devi Lisham, Shilky Devi Hemam, Rejiya Devi Laishram, Lynda Kom Serto, and Shelia Devi Loktongbam.
These seven Manipuri footballers are among the 21 players to have been selected to represent India in the U-17 women’s FIFA world cup scheduled to be held in from October 11.
Of the seven players, five belong to the Young Welfare Club of Imphal West.
India has been placed in Group A with USA, Morocco and Brazil.
October 11 will see India play against the USA. India will face Morocco on October 14 and lock horns with Brazil on October 17.
Monalisha Devi Moirangthem, Melody Chanu Keisham, and Anjali Munda (Goalkeepers).
Astam Oraon, Kajal, Naketa, Purnima Kumari, Varshika, and Shilky Devi Hemam (Defenders).
Babina Devi Lisham, Nitu Linda, Shailja, and Shubhangi Singh (Midfielders).
Anita Kumari, Lynda Kom Serto, Neha, Rejiya Devi Laishram, Shelia Devi Loktongbam, Kajol Hubert Dsouza, Lavanya Upadhyay, and Sudha Ankita Tirkey (Forwards).
- Held talks with Manipur CM for direct Itanagar-Imphal flights: Arunachal CM
- 60th statehood day: Nagaland CM hopes for early solution to Naga issue
- Newly discovered species of owl could already be in danger
- Nagaland: Naga morung in Kohima village brings ‘a taste of tradition’
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 1 December, 2022
- President Murmu, PM Modi greet people of Nagaland on statehood day