Imphal: In a major crackdown, security forces arrested a self-style lance corporal of proscribed group United National Liberation Front (UNLF) near Indo-Myanmar border in Churachandpur district on Friday, said an official.
Based on specific inputs, troops of Khuga Battalion of Assam Rifles, under the aegis of IGAR (South), launched an operation and apprehended the UNLF cadre.
The arrested cadre has been handed over to Thinghat police station for further investigation, the official said.
Meanwhile, the Modi Battalion of Assam Rifles also distributed essential items to students of The Mission Blind School at Pallel in Kakching district on Thursday.
The children of the school thanked the battalion for all the contribution and support extended to them over the years.
- Assam: Tezpur Lit Fest 2022 kicks off at NERIWALM campus
- Meghalaya govt took Rs 1,500 cr loan to distribute to farmers ahead of elections: BJP
- Mamata did not get chance to speak at G20 virtual meet chaired by PM: Official
- India reports 210 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Anti-CAA protest: Northeast’s apex students’ body to observe ‘Black Day’ on Dec 11
- Assam: Karimganj to host 5-day film festival