Imphal: In a joint operation, Manipur Police along with the security forces in Tengnoupal district arrested one Myanmar national along with arms and ammunition at border town Moreh on Friday, said an official.
Based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched a joint operation and apprehended a Myanmar citizen at Canan Veng in Moreh.
As per reports, the seized weapons include two 9mm pistols, 41 live rounds, four mobile phones, and one wireless radio set.
The arrested persons along with recovered items have been handed over to Moreh Police Station (Manipur) for further investigations, the official said.
- PETA India seeks changes in Wild Life Bill to prevent elephants ownership
- All you need to know about ‘binge-eating disorder’, more common than many realise
- Nepal polls: Rise of two new parties ends monopoly of traditional forces in Madhes region
- Over 2,900 communal violence cases registered in India in last 5 years
- India will steer celebration of International Millet Year 2023: PM
- India home to diversity of faiths; will continue to encourage it: US