Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Sunday flagged off a motorbike rally from state capital Imphal to Mao town on the Nagaland border to mark the 75 years of India’s Independence.
The rally, organised by the Home Department and the state police, will cover a distance of 105 km.
“The rally is a part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, and will take the message of the country’s independence to the people,” Singh said.
It will also spread the message of oneness and integrity, he added.
- India announce 21-member squad for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Doomsday bunkers, Mars and ‘The Mindset’: the tech bros trying to outsmart the end of the world
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Salman Rushdie among bookie favourites in UK to win Nobel Prize
- No talks with Pak; Modi govt won’t tolerate terrorism, says Amit Shah
- Sikh family kidnapping in California: Person of interest in custody