Imphal: Two militants belonging to the banned United Kuki National Army (UKNA) outfit have been nabbed in Manipur’s Churachandpur district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team launched a search operation in Tuibong area and nabbed the duo on Tuesday, Superintendent of Police Shivanand Surve said.
A car was seized from their possession, he said, adding that a case was registered with Churachandpur Police Station and further investigation was underway.
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Assam: 24 families wait 30 years to rebuild homes after erosion
- Sikkim: Reform Call questions celebration of ‘Jan Unmukti Diwas’
- Assam: Environmentalists meet to review Forest Conservation Rules