Noney: The death toll in the unfortunate landslide incident in Manipur’s Noney district rose to 46 after four more bodies were recovered from the debris on Monday, an official said.
Till 2:30 pm, four dead bodies, including one Territorial Army personnel and one civilian, were retrieved from the landslide site, said the official. The other two bodies were yet to be identified at the time of filing this report.
Despite adverse weather conditions since Saturday night, the search operations continue on a fifth day to find the remaining 16 missing persons believed to have been buried under the debris after the massive landslide brought down a mega railway project construction site at Makhuam.
On Sunday, a total of eight bodies, including a two-year-old child, were recovered from the debris.
Union Minister of State Dr Subhas Sarkar visited the landslide site on Sunday and assessed the ongoing search and rescue operations undertaken by the NDRF, SDRF, Army, Assam Rifles, police and local volunteers.
Speaking to media persons, MoS Dr Sarkar said the Center has taken the landslide incident very seriously and is ready to provide all possible help in rescue operations.
Of the 80 confirmed victims at the unfortunate landslide incident at Makhuam in Noney district, the joint task force rescued 18 persons alive and 45 recovered mortal remains.
- Can you create a passive income from stock trading?
- The researcher who studies carnivores in the thick of Mizoram forests
- 8-month-old baby among 4 of Indian-origin family kidnapped in US
- Ten mountaineers killed in U’khand avalanche: Nehru Institute of Mountaineering
- Manipur CM launches 12 more GPS-enabled highway patrol vehicles
- Australia’s first Binar spacecraft came down to Earth as a fireball. Here’s what we learned