Imphal: In a major breakthrough, Assam Rifles has arrested two cadres belonging to proscribed outfits – United Kom Revolutionary Army (UKRA) and Kanglei Yawol Kunna Lup (KYKL)- in two separate operations in Manipur, said an official.
According to the official, the operation was carried out in Kangpokpi and Tengnoupal districts.
As per official statement, Keithelmanbi and Moreh Battalion, under the aegis of IGAR (South), in a joint operation with Manipur Police apprehended two cadres of UKRA and KYKL from Ichum Moriah village in Kangpokpi district and Moreh in Tengnoupal district on Friday and Saturday.
Based on specific inputs, troops of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police launched the operations, which led to the apprehensions of the two cadres, it said.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Nambol and Moreh Police station for further investigation, it added.
Also read: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton suggests Prez rule if Naga pol issue is not solved
- Greenhouse gas methane cools our planet even as it heats: Study
- Nagaland govt not prepared to fight people: CM on ULB polls
- Faith and superstition: A journey via the eyes of the poor in Panisokori
- Why bioplastics won’t solve our plastic problems
- Increased maternal education in India linked with lower under-five deaths: Study
- Meghalaya: Wildlife dept to probe death of barking deer in Tura