Imphal: The employees of the Manipur Secretariat Services’ Association (MSSA) have launched a cease work strike from Tuesday until the matter is addressed, following the government‘s failure to disburse monthly salary on the first day of every month.
Owing to irregular disbursement of monthly salaries, all employees are suffering by having to pay penalty to banks for not repaying bank loans on the first day of every month, said MSSA president Purujit Lairikyengbam in a notice to the chief secretary.
He further stated that due to non-disbursement of monthly salaries on time, all employees are facing financial difficulties and that is affecting family budgeting.
We have no alternative but to launch cease work strike with effective from May 10 until and unless a suitable settlement on the issue is arrived at, the MSSA added.
- Sikkim chief secretary holds meeting with officials on G20 events
- Bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in four states
- BJP’s loss in MCD, Himachal polls show ‘Modi Magic’ fading: Tripura ex-CM
- Shrine dedicated to mark centenary of arrival of Salesian Sisters in Northeast
- Meghalaya 2023: Can the BJP turn support into seats in Garo Hills?
- Tripura: BSF-BGB resolve to end border killings, combat insurgents