Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles in a joint operation with Manipur police has reportedly arrested a woman cadre belonging to banned outfit United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and one drug peddler from two separate operations launched, said an official.
In the first incident, Mantripukhri Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) in a joint operation with Manipur Police arrested a woman insurgent of proscribed group UNLF from Mongshangei in Imphal West district on Sunday, the official said.
Based on specific intelligence input provided by Assam Rifles, Manipur Police launched an operation which led to the apprehension, it said.
The arrested insurgent has been handed over to Singjamei Police Station for further investigation, it added.
In another operation, Keithelmanbi Battalion, under the aegis of IGAR (South), in a joint operation with Manipur Police foiled narcotics smuggling in Kakching district on Saturday, it said.
As per the statement, based on specific input from Assam Rifles, Manipur Police launched a search operation and recovered 236 grams of brown sugar concealed in 20 soap cases from a drug peddler in Pallel in Kakching district. The seized narcotics were assessed to be worth Rs 95 lakh, it said.
The recovered items and the drug peddler have been handed over to Kakching Police Station for further action.
Also read: PLA militant arrested in Manipur
- Sri Lanka to liberalise fuel import and marketing: Energy Minister
- Psychology behind online casinos
- Journalists should not be jailed for ‘what they write’: UN on Zubair’s arrest
- Arunachal cancels out-of-turn appointments in all govt departments
- India slams UN Human Rights for comments on action against Setalvad
- Bharatiya Gorkha Prajatantrik Morcha wins Gorkhaland Territorial elections