Imphal: The Manipur Police seized at least ten gunny bags containing ganja in Kangpokpi district on Friday, an official said.
As per the official report, based on reliable information that there are Ganja bags kept in a rented house at Govajang, Lhungtin, a team of Saikul police station immediately rushed to the spot and recovered the suspected contraband articles around 7:30 pm.
The house search was carried out under the supervision of the officer-in-charge of Saikul PS, Inspector Suresh Anthony and the overall supervision of Kangpokpi SP Amrita Sinha, it said.
During the search, the team detected contraband ganja in ten gunny bags which in turn were put in ten separate large transparent polythene bags having a total weight of about 380.44kgs from the spot, said district SP Sinha.
One person in connection with the case was also arrested, she said. The arrested person was identified as Shyam Basnet, 58, a resident of Kanglatombi.
After interrogation, another 44 grams of opium in two tobacco containers were also seized from his possession with the help of Sekmai police station, added the official.
A case under FIR number 14(4) 2022 SKl-PS and section 20(b) (ii) ND&PS Act has been registered at Saikul PS, it added.
Also read: Manipur observes Khongjam Day
- Armed Forces Flag Day 2022: Things you need to know
- Meghalaya: NEHU to tie up with pvt company for work on Agri project
- Meghalaya: Gokhale a ‘psycho’, will file defamation case, says Dy CM
- Female umpires to break new ground during Ranji Trophy
- Manipur Guv reviews developmental works underway in Noney district
- Assam: Morigaon DC orders probe into PDS rice scam in district