Imphal: Manipur police on Wednesday arrested one Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) personnel presently attached to Thoubal district commando unit in connection with a vehicle theft case.
The arrested person has been identified as one Athokpam Rameshwar Singh, 34, son of A Bira of Thoubal Athokpam Mayai Leikai. He was arrested from his residence at around 2:45 pm.
Based on reliable inputs, a combined team of Imphal West district police, anti-vehicle theft cell and Thoubal district commando unit carried out the search operation.
During the search, the team recovered two Alto cars and one scooter from his residence. However, the seized vehicles were found without registration number except one Alto car with a registration number of MN05A3097, which was obtained from the Chassis number.
A case has been registered at Imphal police station for further investigation and to find out other persons involved.
Meanwhile, with the increasing number of vehicle theft cases in the state, Manipur police has appealed the public who are in possession of stolen vehicles to surrender them at the earliest to avoid any legal action.
Possession of stolen vehicle is liable for punishment of three years in jail along with fine, according to Themthing Ngasangva, IGP (Zone 1) of Manipur Police.
Also read: Manipur Guv bats for stricter border control to check illegal immigration
- Five rare and very unusual psychiatric syndromes
- What Greek mythology teaches us about women’s resistance and rebellion
- Yuva Sangam great initiative to promote people-to-people connect: PM
- World’s oldest Homo sapiens footprint identified on South Africa’s Cape south coast
- China’s first domestically built plane makes its maiden commercial flight
- New Parl building will be witness to India’s growth: VP Dhankhar